If you are in any doubt as to whether your roof is in need of repair, we recommend calling to arrange for a member of our team to visit your property as soon as possible. For your convenience, we have made a list of warning signs to look out for, which should help you to spot any problems at the earliest possible opportunity.
- Growing Energy Costs – If your heating and cooling costs are starting to rise for no apparent reason, your roof may well be in need of repair. Even small holes in commercial and residential roofs can lead to much larger utility bills.
- Mold or Water Stains on Interior Ceilings and Walls – if you spot water stains or mold growth inside your property, the most likely cause is a leaky roof. Whether it is a simple matter of replacing loose shingles or something more serious, we can fix it for you before any more damage occurs to your property.
- Bubbles or Blisters in the Surface of Your Roof – If you have a flat roof, it will have a protective membrane that is designed to stop water from penetrating the surface and making its way inside your property. As your roof ages, this membrane may start to deteriorate, and pockets of air or water can become trapped underneath it, which will look like small bubbles or blisters. If you spot any bubbles or blisters, call us as soon as possible as they can cause serious damage if they are not attended to.
- Dips in the Surface of Your Roof – Another sign that a flat roof may be in need of repair is dipped in the surface, which is most easily spotted after it rains as water pools in them. These are usually due to damaged supports under the roof. If you notice any dips, you should call us straight away as your roof could eventually collapse if it is not repaired.
- Curled Shingles – If you notice the shingles on your roof are curling up at the edges, you need to call a roofing repair specialist without delay. Curling shingles may be caused by poor ventilation in your attic or improper installation, but in either case, the result will be a roof that is incapable of protecting your property when the weather turns bad.
- Granules in the Guttering – If the granules from the surface of your shingles are beginning to come off and accumulate in your gutters, this is a sign that it is time to consider replacing them as they have reached the end of their useful lifespan. In most such cases, the best solution is to have your property reroofed by a team of professional roofers such as ourselves.
If you notice any of the above signs that your roof is in need of attention or other signs such as flashing on the edges of your roof no longer being properly attached, please call and speak to us as soon as possible.